We always welcome financial contributions to our rescue which help us feed and provide medical care for our rescued animals. However, we also have many other needs that can be provided by those who love animals but are not currently able to provide a financial contribution. We encourage you to review the list below and help out where you can with a contribution of in-kind services or materials that will help us provide the best possible care for these wonderful animals as we get them ready for a better life with future forever families!
Feel free to reach out to us at MakeADifferenceRescue@gmail.com or call us at 248-703-0670 to make arrangements for an in-kind or material donation.
Below is a general list of items which are always needed. If you would like to make a specific contribution via our regularly updated Wish List on Amazon.com, it can be found HERE.
In-Kind / Material Needs
- Donations of animal medications including heartworm and flea & tick prevention (we recommend Advantage & Frontline
- High-quality pet food & treats (we recommend Iams, Eukanuba, NutroMax, etc.)
- Food & water bowls
- Animal crates; from small to extra large
- Blankets & animal beds
- Animal collars & leashes
- Litter pans & scoops
- Animal shampoo
- Nail clippers
- Bath wipes for cats/dogs
- Digital video camera (to monitor situations of animals potentially in need of rescue, as well as to provide online video of animals currently available for adoption)
- Portable, battery-operated air conditioners for use in travel crates and vehicles when transporting animals and during events when animals must remain in their cages
- Portable, battery-operated misting systems for use in travel crates during periods when animals must remain in their cages
- Veterinary Services (free and/or discount in exchange for extensive Public Relations efforts on your behalf by Make a Difference Rescue representatives)
- Legal Services to aid our efforts to save animals
- Volunteers to provide grooming and dental services at free and/or discounted rates in exchange for extensive Public Relations efforts on your behalf by Make A Difference Rescue representatives
- Volunteers to provide animal training services at free and/or discounted rates in exchange for extensive Public Relations efforts on your behalf by Make a Difference Rescue representatives
Resources for the Organization
- Volunteers to work at adoption events
- Volunteers to provide clerical / administrative support
- Volunteers to produce fundraising events
- Volunteers to transport animals to/from adoption events, vet appointments, etc.
- A building donation (discounted rent, discounted purchase, or outright donation – all tax deductible) for a headquarters and permanent shelter facilty
- Corporate sponsors to provide financial contributions which defray the operating costs of the organization in exchange for extensive Public Relations efforts on your behalf by Make a Difference representatives
- Financial contributions that can be utilized for operating expenses which include: animal care, transportation, registration & licensing fees, etc.
- Cleaning supplies (paper towels, bleach, soap, anti-bacterial hand cleaner)
- Gift cards/certificates for Pet Supplies Plus, Petco & Petsmart (online we can purchase vaccines & other medications)
- Polaroid film
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Pre-paid gas cards
- Vehicle (van/truck) for animal transport